Hokkaido Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hokkaido Academy

Everything a school has. Classes, friends, romance and action!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Pheonix Down

Go down 
+31
Kanda Katsura
Nick
Cyrille
Hakura
Akemi Ryuu
Moriko
Hitoshirenu
artixvoncreg
Cecilia
Kuroi_Homura
Hisoka Kenshin
MyaAnna
Mizuko Riko Imimoshi
Sonna_Heck
Itasuku
Remilia
Suzumi
Kriz
jolebe
Drina
Denny
Chimitsu
kenkai
Sakura Itachi
Daisuke Cross
Shungo Zanzekkai
Honey
Ayako
Mael
Akira Eizou
Kuro Tadashi
35 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 23 ... 42, 43, 44
AuthorMessage
Chimitsu
College Sophomore
Chimitsu

Character sheet
Strength :
Pheonix Down - Page 44 Left_bar_bleue80/1000Pheonix Down - Page 44 Empty_bar_bleue  (80/1000)
Intelligence:
Pheonix Down - Page 44 Left_bar_bleue81/1000Pheonix Down - Page 44 Empty_bar_bleue  (81/1000)
HP:
Pheonix Down - Page 44 Left_bar_bleue90/1000Pheonix Down - Page 44 Empty_bar_bleue  (90/1000)

Pheonix Down - Page 44 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pheonix Down   Pheonix Down - Page 44 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 08, 2013 7:59 pm

His admonishment of her drew a rare, sheepish smile across her face, as if she were a child being scolded. It was gone with a shrug, and she watched him quietly. She would not contest that he had, indeed, earned the right to die. If any man had, it was him, and she knew that missing him was a selfish endeavor. He wasn’t hers, by any means, and if he was happy, then she wasn’t going to take that from him.

“Not an easy task at all. I did, at least, take your advice on writing. You know me, besides. I’m…not an easy person to get along with. Incidentally…that’s why I’m here today.”

Exhaling, she ran a wearied hand through her hair and bowed her head, placing her hands in his and drawing a comforting squeeze from the man that she had missed. Even as a ghost, he was able to offer her comfort in just a touch. At last, she spoke quietly, telling him about the doppelganger of his that had arrived on her world, detailing his origins and everything she had managed to gather about him. Though she spared the...less important details, she continued as well with her first encounter of him, her expression unreadable, and concluded with their conversation over tea the next morning. When she had finished, she was frowning at the floor and she looked up at Mael, a distant, lost look in her eyes.

“I don’t…understand him, or myself anymore, really. I am not sure if I can trust him, I don’t want to repeat my past mistakes with Ranger and Lucifer, and…Fuck, I just don’t know.”
Back to top Go down
Mael
College Sophomore
Mael

Character sheet
Strength :
Pheonix Down - Page 44 Left_bar_bleue52/1000Pheonix Down - Page 44 Empty_bar_bleue  (52/1000)
Intelligence:
Pheonix Down - Page 44 Left_bar_bleue51/1000Pheonix Down - Page 44 Empty_bar_bleue  (51/1000)
HP:
Pheonix Down - Page 44 Left_bar_bleue51/1000Pheonix Down - Page 44 Empty_bar_bleue  (51/1000)

PostSubject: Re: Pheonix Down   Pheonix Down - Page 44 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 08, 2013 8:27 pm

Mael's remained unphased at the news of his cloning. It didn't surprise him that they would attempt to recreate him. What did surprise him was their lack of creating one with his abilities. It had been at their hands that his influence had spread due to the incessant testing and toying with frequencies at his expense. He could feel a breakdown coming from the far too early world-weary woman, however, and knew that he could be nothing but honest with her in her findings.

"While I'm not surprised that they tried, and even less so that they failed to control him, I must say that I'm flattered." he responded with a hearty laugh, giving her hands a firm squeeze.

"I know you don't trust people. Hell, it took me ages to get you snapped halfway out of that. His choices seem in line with someone I'd take a quick liking to, and while I trust more easily than you, I'm not usually wrong. If actions speak louder than words, then what do his speak to you? He was open with you about the book, killed the man that penned it, and destroyed it without a second thought to the knowledge of you he could gain. That book was filled with weaknesses of yours. If there was truly an ulterior motive, that'd have been the sealing deal. That, and you'd be dead already." he began to explain.

He sighed then, tilting his head back and letting his willowy hair fall behind him. All of his lessons and she had still not learned to analyze people from an outside point of view. For someone who pushes around the title of emotionless so often, she sure made many of her important decisions influenced by one or the other. A silent decision clicked in his mind, and he looked back down at the distraught damsel in front of him.

"Understanding is gained through trust; mutual trust." the old man began.

"If you don't know, and don't care to find out, then don't. If you don't know, and want to know, then find out. The only way you're going to do that outside of being a mind-reader is to ask one. Or if you don't want to cheat yourself, then.." he paused, sighing and taking one hand from her to lay his head on it before looking back up at her.

"For God's sake just let it go, Chimitsu. Be better, not bitter." he chastised. "Every experience, with Alexandre, with Ranger, with Lucifer, with any man, should've taught you the telltale signs of what will be a bad relationship. I say signs, because one commonality doesn't make the bunch. It teaches you that you make that choice. The men simply fall into it." Mael continued, becoming more passionate in his speech.

"So what if he slept with you on the first night? Look at you! Can you blame him? I sure can't. Especially not if he's as emotionally confused as you are. He's got my genes. He's going to be physically attracted to you, but that doesn't make him fall in love with you. He makes that choice. And it sounds to me like you've got one to make as well." he concluded quietly.

"And if you can't let go of the past long enough to see what's in front of you, begging for a chance to bloom, then your perochial mindset will be the demise of your proverbial plant. You're a forest queen. You've got to know better than anyone that if you give apt attention and treat your plants with compassion, they'll bloom. Some have thorns, and they may stab you, but does that mean you stop growing altogether? You shouldn't. Not if it's what makes you happy. He's killed every man who betrayed him, and even one who betrayed you not even knowing who you are. Do you really think he'd do the same? How does that logically make sense?" he ranted, countering her doubts rationally.

Setting his hand down, he sighed deeply, running his fingers back through his hair and stretching his corporeal neck. Mael had said what needed to be said, in his mind. The rest was up to her. Scratching the top of his head absentmindedly, he glanced over at Kuro's chair and chuckled.

"That man would have slapped the hell out of you for even thinking about dwelling the way you are. The way I see it, you've gotten a.." he paused, counting on his fingers. "Third chance? Fourth, maybe?" he asked with a grin. "Most people don't get that, and here you are, running away, thinking too much, and failing to keep a watchful eye on the present and future. That's how people get hurt, you know." he reminded her calmly.

"I ought to know that better than anyone." Mael concluded with a sigh.

"My second chance came around, and I embraced it wholeheartedly, pausing only for a moment to consider what it may be. If my experiences can be any example, I should hope that you can see what path to follow, and which will get you killed." he said figuratively.

"Again." he reflected with a laugh.
Back to top Go down
Chimitsu
College Sophomore
Chimitsu

Character sheet
Strength :
Pheonix Down - Page 44 Left_bar_bleue80/1000Pheonix Down - Page 44 Empty_bar_bleue  (80/1000)
Intelligence:
Pheonix Down - Page 44 Left_bar_bleue81/1000Pheonix Down - Page 44 Empty_bar_bleue  (81/1000)
HP:
Pheonix Down - Page 44 Left_bar_bleue90/1000Pheonix Down - Page 44 Empty_bar_bleue  (90/1000)

PostSubject: Re: Pheonix Down   Pheonix Down - Page 44 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 08, 2013 9:24 pm

“I knew you’d like him,” she murmured in mild amusement as he affirmed her earlier thoughts, but her eyes remained trained on her old mentor and friend in all seriousness as he continued.

Her lips twitched he smallest amount as he ranted, and even though she was the one being chided, she couldn’t help but feel a weight lift from her chest. Almost without realizing it, she found herself holding back laughter, mostly at herself. Here was everything she had needed to hear, everything that had been right in front of her from the start, and she wondered if she just hadn’t been missing an essential piece of closure with Mael to let her move on—a snag. If she thought about it too hard, she didn’t really want to move on and forget Mael; it was one of those bridges she would never burn. He had taught her so much, and had always been there for her.

“I guess I just wanted to hear things from you,” she said at last with a chuckle. “And yes, I know he would have. I’m surprised you haven’t, and I’m certainly considering giving my subconscious a nice whack upside the head myself.”

Filled with a much lighter relief, she squeezed Mael’s hands and, though reluctant, let him have them back, placing her own back in her lap. A deep breath filled her lungs as her closed her eyes, and she let it out slowly, thinking only how much good this vacation away from the castle had done her, letting her clear her mind and get answers rather than her own incessant worries. When she opened her eyes, they were gleaming and sharp again, a younger, vibrant woman than the one that had entered. Standing half way from her chair, she leaned across the table and kissed Mael’s forehead, resting hers against his for a brief moment before standing straight again.

“Thank you, Mael. Really and truly. For everything that you’ve done for me over the years,” she told him softly while her lips were pressed against his ghostly skin. “I do hate to keep you from your wife, though,” she said, nodding towards the soft lights that bobbed close to Mael and let off the scent of flowers. “Is there anything I can answer or do for you, besides letting you back to resting?”
Back to top Go down
Mael
College Sophomore
Mael

Character sheet
Strength :
Pheonix Down - Page 44 Left_bar_bleue52/1000Pheonix Down - Page 44 Empty_bar_bleue  (52/1000)
Intelligence:
HP:

PostSubject: Re: Pheonix Down   Pheonix Down - Page 44 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2013 12:12 am

"Oh, you knew, hm?" he asked lightly, chuckling. She seemed to take his advice easily, and carried herself far better than before despite having been patronized nearly the entire discussion. This made him happy. If nothing else, he'd want everyone he'd touched in some way in their lives to be happy as he was at the end. No regrets, no sorrow, the pain of the world not on their shoulders. Just at peace.

"I won't, you should, and be expecting one." he affirmed, laughing again with that knowing twinkle in his eyes.

The old man closed his eyes as she kissed his forehead, interlacing his fingers beneath his chin and resting his tired bones on them. It was far past time for him to go, but he figured he'd stick around. There were bound to be a few more world-weary companions to be consoled, and he could rest until they came along to do so. Looking up, he smiled at last at her.

"You don't have to thank me for volunteering my own advice. Many of those lessons taught me a few things as well." he replied happily, noting her observance of the only lights bothering to come near him.

"She may wish to ask you something, but I can't think of anything major. I know you're doing your best with everything I've entrusted to you, and I can't ask for anything more." Mael pre-empted with a comforting smile.

"You're a good girl, Chimitsu. Go be happy, okay?" he said, quoting the one thing she loved to hear upon their first meeting.
Back to top Go down
Amber Love
Junior
Amber Love

Chinese Symbol : Dog

Character sheet
Strength :
Pheonix Down - Page 44 Left_bar_bleue45/1000Pheonix Down - Page 44 Empty_bar_bleue  (45/1000)
Intelligence:
Pheonix Down - Page 44 Left_bar_bleue44/1000Pheonix Down - Page 44 Empty_bar_bleue  (44/1000)
HP:
Pheonix Down - Page 44 Left_bar_bleue46/1000Pheonix Down - Page 44 Empty_bar_bleue  (46/1000)

PostSubject: Re: Pheonix Down   Pheonix Down - Page 44 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2013 12:17 am

As Mael and Chimitsu wrapped up their conversation, a few of the lights still hovering in the room coalesced around the weary old man’s frame. Slowly but surely, they took on the shape of a beautiful young brunette, her arms laced around Mael’s neck and her slender frame wrapped up in a soft pink dress that complimented her skin tone and his chosen outfit. Smiling softly, she kissed his cheek and murmured something softly into his ear; it was time to go. She looked at Chimitsu with a warm smile as she lifted her head, taking Mael’s hand into hers.

“It's a pleasure to meet you, Chimitsu. I’m sorry that we never got to meet outside of spiritual interactions. My husband seems to think highly enough of you to entrust a piece of my soul to you in his younger days.” Her smile was beautiful, angelically so, but a small uncertainty crossed her face, and she bit her lips, inspecting the woman before her. “I’ve also seen that you were entrusted with our son,” she said in a quieter voice filled with longing. “Could you tell me how he is? I never got to see my boy grow up, and I worry for him so.”
Back to top Go down
Chimitsu
College Sophomore
Chimitsu

Character sheet
Strength :
Intelligence:
HP:

PostSubject: Re: Pheonix Down   Pheonix Down - Page 44 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2013 12:42 am

“He was designed after you, wasn’t he? It seems every one of your old acquaintances he’s come across have said much the same,” she answered his rhetorical question, the corner of her mouth just barely lifting upwards into a smile.

It was going to be painful to leave Mael behind, but watching as Amber materialized beside him, Chimitsu gave a faint smile. He was happy, she reminded herself, and the little angel was never going to let him be anything otherwise. It must be nice to be in love, and for the first time, the twisting she felt in her stomach at the thought was more anticipatory than fearful. As he teased her about expecting a smack upside the head, she cocked her head to the side and raised an eyebrow, turning her inquisitive eye on the angel as she spoke.

“Ah..yes. It’s good to meet you too, Amber. I’m glad you found Mael again; you make him happy,” she told her, watching as a flush bloomed across the girl’s cheeks. At the mention of Alexandros, her eyes softened, and she gave a genuine, heart-warming smile, her voice gentling. “Your boy is as much a handful as your husband ever was, but he’s as much a good young man, the same. It’s funny you should ask about him. I’ve just come from leaving both he and my daughter at the newly established campus for this academy’s next generation.”

The mention of her daughter brightened her spirits even more, but she said little more on that, merely winking at Mael. She snorted as he called her a good girl, but she didn’t blanche. Instead, she just kept on smiling quietly and raked one hand through her hair.

“I will be, Mael. You too; go be happy with that pretty little wife you’ve got. Keep an ear out, hm? I feel like I’m going crazy talking to myself.”

That said, she stood and, with a wave over her shoulder, turned to leave the academy. It was high time she got home. She was late for her date.
Back to top Go down
Amber Love
Junior
Amber Love

Chinese Symbol : Dog

Character sheet
Strength :
Pheonix Down - Page 44 Left_bar_bleue45/1000Pheonix Down - Page 44 Empty_bar_bleue  (45/1000)
Intelligence:
Pheonix Down - Page 44 Left_bar_bleue44/1000Pheonix Down - Page 44 Empty_bar_bleue  (44/1000)
HP:
Pheonix Down - Page 44 Left_bar_bleue46/1000Pheonix Down - Page 44 Empty_bar_bleue  (46/1000)

PostSubject: Re: Pheonix Down   Pheonix Down - Page 44 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2013 12:57 am

Hearing that her boy was doing well brought a wide, happy smile to the brunette’s face, though she flushed to hear the compliments this usually stoic woman showered upon her. She looked down at Mael to see his reaction, and to find if this was his doing in the first place, but lifted her head as Chimitsu mentioned her own daughter. Considering the nature of the discussion she had been having with Mael—Amber hadn’t really meant to eavesdrop—it was curious to hear that admission. Even so, the smile on the other woman’s face was gladdening, and she could relate. There was nothing more precious to a mother than her child.

“Thank you, Chimitsu,” she called after the retreating blonde with wave.

As Chimitsu left, Amber turned her attention to Mael, her eyes soft and filled with love. Gently running her fingers through his hair, she shifted and sank down into his lap. She nuzzled his neck with a soft sigh, playing with his hair like a child and nestling against his chest. There was really no better place for her to be.

“You really do care an awful lot,” she murmured without looking up. “I know it must have taken a lot of energy to get a corporeal form, even in Kuro’s old shop. Come on now, let’s get you back, shall we? They’re going to be missing us soon, and you look so tired darling…”
Back to top Go down
Mael
College Sophomore
Mael

Character sheet
Strength :
Intelligence:
HP:

PostSubject: Re: Pheonix Down   Pheonix Down - Page 44 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2013 1:09 am

Chimitsu's comment earned an eyeroll from the old man, accompanied by a low chuckle that didn't quite make happy, but didn't pass for foreboding either. Amused was a good fit, he decided. That would probably be one of the more interesting generations. Hopefully less combative, though if his genes had anything to do with it, they'd crop up somewhere.

Mael's tired eyes nodded at his wife. Admittedly, he had gone to great lengths to materialize past an almost completely transparent shadow. It was worth it, though. The stubborn one could finally move on, and he hoped she would, calling out after her.

"Good day, Miss Zetsumei. Remember, it's not crazy to ask yourself questions." he recited, trusting she'd know the rest as he faded back into the little lights that adorned the shop that had once held so many memories.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pheonix Down   Pheonix Down - Page 44 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pheonix Down
Page 44 of 44Go to page : Previous  1 ... 23 ... 42, 43, 44